How to get ready for moving to Chevy Chase
Start Planning Your Ideal Move! Get Your Free Quote Now:
Moving is something we generally do only a few times in our life. As people, we love to have a place to call home, and moving your home can be quite challenging. We at Helix Transfer & Storage Maryland would like to give you a few tips on how to get ready for moving to Chevy Chase. We want you to have a quick and enjoyable moving experience.
Get to know Chevy Chase
You should always know what you’re getting into when moving. One of the biggest pros of Chevy Chase Maryland is its location. If your goal is to live in a place similar to the suburbs, yet still be close to the city, Chevy Chase might be for you. It borders Washington DC and is very close to Virginia.
If you have kids, Chevy Chase offers some of the best educational institutions. According to a study conducted by the Stanford Graduate School of Education, around 93.5 percent of adult residents have a bachelor’s degree. It is considered by some as the most educated town in America. Chevy Chase offers some of the best neighborhoods for young professionals thus many job options for young people looking for a career.
Create a good moving plan before you get ready for moving to Chevy Chase
Moving is a tiring and complicated process. You have to think of all the necessities you need to bring with you, the size of your new home, etc. It can sometimes feel almost like a full-time job. That’s why we offer you a comprehensive list of things to think about while creating a good moving plan for Chevy Chase.
- Choose a moving date – This is quite obvious, but you have to make sure you give yourself enough time to prepare everything you need. We recommend you always leave a window of about 2-3 months before the moving date.
- Determine a moving budget – We can’t stress enough how important this step is. Determine a fixed moving budget with your significant other, but we always recommend just having a few thousand dollars over the budget. You never know when unexpected costs might pop up.
- Declutter your home – In order to determine how much stuff you will need to be transported, it is imperative you declutter your home. We all have something or other we have a hard time removing from our homes. But since you’re already relocating and turning a new leaf, there isn’t a better time to do it than now.
- Prepare yourself and your kids for the change – As adults, we are able to adapt much easier to new situations. But we have to remember that kids don’t have it that easy. Be sure to talk to your children about your move much in advance. Be sure to check some helpful ways to cope when moving with kids, and prepare your family for this important step.
Pack mindfully and with determination
When you are getting ready for moving to Chevy Chase and pack your entire home, things can get a bit tricky. It’s not a simple 10 shirts, 10 pairs of underwear before a vacation. You could have certain bulky possessions that are in need of special care. Our movers Chevy Chase MD offer all from the actual moving to a great variety of storage options for anything that might be harder to place in your new home.
Be careful to pack in order of urgency. Things that aren’t too urgent in huge boxes, or place them in a storage facility. You can take them out of storage as soon as there is a need for them. But you should pack the things you use constantly in suitcases or bags. You will likely need them immediately upon arrival. You can also consider some packing services if you’re unsure how to pack some valuables, or something easily breakable.
Find a reliable moving company
When you’re letting people carry all of your belongings, you can feel a bit unsure if they aren’t completely trustworthy. For your peace of mind and for your comfort, it’s important to make the right choice. You wouldn’t want someone irresponsible, or someone who will be late to transport your whole life. You can opt for residential movers Maryland who are experienced professionals in this field.
Here are some of the best ways to choose correctly:
- Ask friends for recommendations. If you know someone who’s already done the big move, be sure to consult them. The absolute best way of finding reliable services is through word of mouth. .
- Read online reviews. Even though you are probably aware that a lot of companies use fake reviews to attract more people, it’s still wise to consult them. It doesn’t take a trained eye to distinguish a proper review from a fake one. Compare and contrast the reviews and you are sure to find the real ones and create your own opinion.
- Do a background check. So, you’ve found a company you like? Not so fast! Do a background check on the company. See how long they have been operating. You should also check their accreditation if you’re wary of the company being a scam. The easiest way to check is through the FMSCA database. Almost all moving companies are registered there.
- Contact the moving company. Often, we can’t really tell by online communication what kind of person or company we’re talking to. We find that it’s always important to have closer contact since face to face is most likely not possible if you’re moving long-distance, you can always call the movers. This way you will get a feel of their professionalism and their company policies.
Final thoughts on your Chevy Chase relocation
Once you get ready for moving to Chevy Chase and are satisfied with all your work, now the only thing left to do is to go to your new home! We wish you a nice trip and good luck on your adventure.
How it Works
Fill out our form or give us a quick call 240-858-0309
Tell Us More
Provide us with the information we need to estimate the price and time-frame of your move.
Let Us Plan Your Move
We will assign a personal moving coordinator to handle all the details of your move and keep you informed 24/7.
Relax While Moving
Focus your time and energy on other things while our DC area movers handle all the heavy lifting.